Pinot Noir 2010
Come and meet the black sheep of the family.Read More
New: free internet access in the Lemongarden!
This enchanting house used to be the estate's riding stables. Set in a walled newly planted lemon orchard, it has its own terrace and is separated from the Quinta by wrought-iron gates.
In the middle of the courtyard, there is a plane tree which provides cool shade even on hot days. The village can be reached via a separate driveway and gate. This little house was converted in 1995 and is comfortably and stylishly furnished. The large, sunny living/dining area is very comfortable and a great place to relax or socialize, with four sets of doors and windows to front and rear, creating that lovely Mediterranean outdoors feel. The open stone fireplace, currently out of use, and the beautiful wooden ‘coffin’ ceilings give the room interesting focal points.
There is satellite TV, DVD/VCR, and CD player for evening entertainment. The kitchen is modern and well-equipped with all mod-cons, including microwave, dishwasher, electric ceramic glass hob, oven, fridge-freezer, coffee-maker and kettle; the marble worktops add a touch of luxury. The washing-machine is housed at the rear of the building.
The reception room, kitchen and two of the bedrooms have patio doors leading to the front courtyard.
There are three bedrooms in this house. The two doubles both have space for a cot and wardrobes for storage. The rear bedroom boasts a modern king-size bed and a window to the garden, whereas the front bedroom has an antique wicker double bedstead, and patio doors opening to the front courtyard. The third bedroom is a smaller room often used by children or teenagers, and has bunk beds plus space for a cot or extra bed.
The entire house has a pleasant, traditional style, with Portuguese terracotta and hand painted tiled floors; there’s a freestanding bathtub with 'telephone' hand shower (there's no curtain so this is for rinsing hair at bath time, not for showers) and marble/wood surround sink. The separate WC / shower room has marble walls and a walk-in shower. There’s central heating throughout.
This house is very child-friendly.
• Beautiful historical estate to explore, with working vineyard
• Enclosed shared swimming pool and garden at main estate area (6m x 10m, 0.8m - 2m deep)
• Enclosed private courtyard and rear garden
• Accommodation all on ground floor
• Wireless internet access in the house
• Wine tasting (free)
• Restaurant meals with tasting menu, pre-cooked meals or gourmet pic nics (not all days)
• Relaxation treatments available
• Farm animals for children to visit / feed
• local shops, cafes and restaurants in walking distance
• Bedlinen and bathtowels included
• Terrace furniture
• Discounted laundry service (on request)
• Additional cleaning (on request)
• Central heating (for an additional fee)
• Beach towels (for an additional fee)
• Only 30 minutes to beaches, even less to golf
• Only 30 minutes to the capital city of Lisbon, and the airport
And for children:
• Free Cot (+ cot linen, please request)
• Babysitting on request
• Highchair (please request)
• Outdoor climbing frame at main estate area
• Trampoline at main estate area (no supervision)
• Sand pit (at main estate area)
• Bed guard (please request)
• Hand blender
• Plastic plates, cups and cutlery
• Changing mat
• Children’s toys
• Non-slip bath mat
• Socket guards available
• Sleeps up to 6, plus 3 babies in cots (3 bedrooms)
There is a possibility to witness a traditional Portuguese wedding, with the reception and wine tasting held in the main court. These events shouldn't disturb guests at all –we find guests are usually fascinated to take a peek at another culture.