Pinot Noir 2011
Come and meet the black sheep of the family.
The Marreco House is newly built in traditional style blending in perfectly with the beautiful landscape. It regally sits by itself at the far end of the Quinta, on top of a valley, overlooking vineyards, orchards, old cork oaks and Eucalyptus forest.
A private driveway lined with plane trees leads to the house, passing the old gates of the Quinta.
The house, swimming pool and gardens have been designed with a great love for detail. The building is painted soft ochre which is typical in the area and gives it a mediterranean feel. Behind the house stone steps lead down from the lawn to the infinity swimming pool (5m x 10m), from where swimmers have a breathtaking view.
Ann's artistic skill with clay, glazed tiles and terracotta has resulted in carefully selected furnishings and decoration. The large open fireplace in the living room is made from a single piece of pink marble. The living room with its panoramic views over the valley was originally planned as an artist's studio. From the bedrooms with ample space for extra beds and cots, French doors lead out onto the terrace with Moorish floor tiles, from where you can hear the crickets chirping and the owls screeching in the evenings. The two upstairs bedrooms also have French doors onto the terrace. The attractive and practical fitted kitchen will tempt you to cook, even on holiday, using delicious local ingredients. There’s a huge oven and 5-ring hob, dishwasher, fridge-freezer, microwave, coffee-maker, kettle, toaster, and even a traditional juicer. The washing machine is downstairs. Upstairs, there’s a large family bathroom with colourful floor tiles, a freestanding bathtub plus a walk-in shower cubicle. In addition there’s a small guest WC off the entrance hall. A flight of stairs gives access to the lower level of the house. These stairs have doors at the top and bottom. All the rooms have handmade terracotta tiles on the floor, simple stucco ceilings and the walls are painted in pleasant colours. The whole house is comfortable and practical, partly furnished with antique furniture.
The lawn with a paved shaded patio area and barbeque at the south facing side of the building is completely fenced-in so that parents with small children can relax. A gate and flight of steps lead down to a further lower level to the private infinity pool with roman steps and a shaded sunbed area.
• Spacious 4 bedroom villa
• Beautiful historical estate to explore, with working vineyard
• Shared swimming pool and enclosed garden (10m long, 5m wide, 0.5–2m deep)
• Enclosed private garden and shaded veranda
• Terrace furniture
• Accommodation on two floors
• Wireless internet access in the house
• Wine tastings
• Restaurant meals with tasting menu, pre-cooked meals or gourmet pic nics (not all days)
• Relaxation treatments available
• Farm animals for children to visit / feed
• local shops, cafes and restaurants walking distance (15 min)
• Bedlinen and bathtowels included
• Discounted laundry service (on request)
• Additional cleaning (on request)
• Central heating (for an additional fee)
• Beach towels (for an additional fee)
• Only 30 minutes to beaches, even less to golf
• Only 30 minutes to the capital city of Lisbon, and the airport
And for children:
• Cot + cot linen (please request)
• Babysitting on request
• Highchair (please request)
• Outdoor climbing frame at main estate area
• Trampoline at main estate area (no supervision)
• Sand pit (at main estate area)
• Bed guard (please request)
• Hand blender
• Plastic plates, cups and cutlery
• Changing mat
• Children’s toys
• Non-slip bath mat
• Socket guards available
• Sleeps up to 10, plus babies in cot
Central heating (metered, for an additional fee)
There is a possibility to witness a traditional Portuguese which will happen down at the main house, with the reception and wine tasting held in the main court. These events shouldn't disturb guests in Marreco at all – we find guests are usually fascinated to take a peek at another culture.