The Adega House is a converted wine distillery, next to the impressive old ‘Adega’ wine cellar
The Adega House is a converted wine distillery, next to the impressive old ‘Adega’ wine cellar with its massive old oak barrels and wine troughs, where every year our wine is pressed and matured using traditional methods. Adega House is one of four properties at Quinta de Sant’Ana.
The family friendly Adega House has its own driveway to a cobbled courtyard, where on hot days guests can eat in the shade of the olive trees. It is built in the style of a Portuguese village house and is comfortably furnished.
The house is all on the ground floor – good news for families with young children. The Adega House can sleep four people in two bedrooms, with enough space for a cot. The sitting room has direct access onto the terrace and is furnished with big comfortable armchairs and lots of sofa space. The kitchen is small but cosy, and somehow packs in a gas hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge-freezer and a breakfast table. Alternatively to the large outside dining table on the terrace there is a dining table in the sitting room. The open fireplace gives the room atmosphere and free fire wood is available.
There is a washing machine in the small storeroom outside, so you can pack light. The shared family bathroom has a traditional feel, lots of light and includes a bath with shower over.
The house has central heating throughout, wooden flooring in the bedrooms and cooling terracotta floor tiles elsewhere.
- Beautiful historic estate to explore, with working vineyard
- Enclosed shared swimming pool and garden at main estate area (6m x 10m, 0.8m – 2m deep)
- Private Parking
- Farm animals for children to visit / feed
- Outdoor sitting and play area under vine clad pergola
- Barbecue (on request)
- Accommodation all on first floor
- Wireless internet access in the house
- TV (LCD) with international channels, DVD player, Hifi
- Wine tasting (free)
- From four adults: pre-cooked meals or gourmet pic nics (only on request)
- Professional massage and relaxation treatments available
- Bed linen and bathtowels included
- Beach towels (for an additional fee)
- Washing machine in utility room
- Additional cleaning (on request)
- Central heating (for an additional fee)
- Local shops, cafes and restaurants in walking distance
- Only 30 minutes to beaches and golf courses
- Only 30 minutes to the capital city of Lisbon, and the airport
- Cot + cot linen free of charge (please request)
- Bed guard (please request)
- Babysitting (please request)
- Highchair (please request)
- Changing mat
- Non-slip bath mat
- Socket guards available
- Children’s toys
- Hand blender
- Plastic plates, cups and cutlery
- Swings, sand pit, outdoor climbing frame, trampoline (no supervision) at main house
- Sleeps up to 4, plus babies in cot
High season 1050,00 €/week
Mid season 910,00 €/week
Low season 700,00 €/week