We love the Caseiro House so much that we sometimes spend a cosy weekend here ourselves!
The Caseiro House is situated in the heart of the estate, right next to the beautiful chapel, dating back to 1633. The accommodation is on the first floor, typical for this region. There is a little balcony where most meals are taken enjoying spectacular views over the vineyards.
The other side of the house overlooks the magnificent boxed hedged rose gardens with huge century old palm trees and the cobbled street leading to the baroque village church in the distance.
Inside, the house is comfortably furnished, an interesting mix of rustic and modern. The front door leads directly into the kitchen, with microwave, dishwasher, 4-ring hob, oven and coffee-maker, and to make up for the lack of a washing machine there’s a discounted laundry service on request.
The cosy corner table is ideal for giving the children breakfast. The sitting room is spacious and bright, with loads of sofa seating, and is well-equipped with satellite TV, DVD player, and CD/MP3 player. This cottage also benefits from wireless internet access.
There are three bedrooms, all with twin beds that can make double beds and old pine floors that tell the history of this house. The master bedroom is accessed from two sides and shares an en-suite bathroom with the corner bedroom.
The old fashioned family bathroom is peculiarly accessed through the living area: it has a rustic feel, including a cast iron bathtub with hand shower. The house has central heating throughout.
- Beautiful historic estate to explore, with working vineyard
- Small terrace overlooking vineyards
- Enclosed shared swimming pool and garden at main estate area (6m x 10m, 0.8m – 2m deep)
- Farm animals for children to visit / feed
- Outdoor sitting and play area under vine clad pergola
- Barbecue (on request)
- Accommodation all on second floor
- Wireless internet access in the house
- TV (LCD) with international channels, DVD player, Hifi
- Wine tasting (free)
- From four adults: pre-cooked meals or gourmet pic nics (only on request)
- Professional massage and relaxation treatments available
- Bed linen and bathtowels included
- Beach towels (for an additional fee)
- Discounted laundry service (on request)
- Additional cleaning (on request)
- Central heating (for an additional fee)
- local shops, cafes and restaurants in walking distance
- Only 30 minutes to beaches and golf courses
- Only 30 minutes to the capital city of Lisbon and the airport
- Cot + cot linen free of charge (please request)
- Bed guard (please request)
- Babysitting (please request)
- Highchair (please request)
- Changing mat
- Non-slip bath mat
- Socket guards available
- Children’s toys
- Hand blender
- Plastic plates, cups and cutlery
- Swings, sand pit, outdoor climbing frame, trampoline (no supervision) at main house
- Sleeps up to 7, plus babies in cot
High season 1.365,00 €/week
Mid season 987,00 €/week
Low season 819,00 €/week