The Marreco House is newly built in traditional style blending in perfectly with the beautiful landscape.
It regally sits by itself at the far end of the Quinta, on top of a valley, overlooking vineyards, orchards, old cork oaks and Eucalyptus forest.
A private driveway lined with plane trees leads to the house, passing the old gates of the Quinta.
The house, swimming pool and gardens have been designed with great attention to detail. The building is painted soft ochre which is typical in the area and gives it a mediterranean feel. Behind the house stone steps lead down from the lawn to the infinity swimming pool (5m x 10m), from where swimmers have a breathtaking view.
The carefully selected choice of handmade terracotta flooring and glazed tiles together with characterful furnishings and decoration gives the house a welcoming feel. The large open fireplace in the living room is made from a single piece of pink marble. The living room with its panoramic views over the valley was originally planned as an artist's studio. From the bedrooms with ample space for extra beds and cots, French doors lead out onto the lawn and terrace from where you can hear the crickets chirping and the owls screeching in the evenings. The two upstairs bedrooms lead onto a balcony terrace with Moorish blue and white floor tiles.
The attractive yet practical fitted kitchen will tempt you to cook even on holiday, using delicious local ingredients. There’s a big oven and 5-ring hob, dishwasher, fridge-freezer, microwave, coffee-maker, kettle, toaster and juicer. The washing machine is downstairs.
Upstairs, there’s a large family bathroom with colourful floor tiles, a freestanding bathtub plus a walk-in shower cubicle. In addition there’s a small guest WC off the entrance hall. A flight of stairs gives access to the lower level of the house. For safety of the little ones, these stairs have lockable doors at the top and bottom. All the rooms have clay tile floor, simple stucco ceilings and are comfortable and practical, partly furnished with antique furniture.
The lawn with a paved shaded patio area and barbeque at the south facing side of the building is completely fenced-in so that parents with small children can relax. A gate and flight of steps lead down to a further lower level to the private infinity pool with roman steps and a shaded sunbed area.
* There is a possibility we will host a wedding down at the main house, with the reception and wine tasting held in the court yard. These events shouldn't disturb guests in Marreco at all.
- Spacious 4 bedroom villa
- Beautiful historical estate to explore, with working vineyard
- Private swimming pool and enclosed garden (10m long, 5m wide, 0.5–2m deep)
- Enclosed private garden and shaded veranda
- Terrace furniture
- Accommodation on two floors
- Wireless internet access in the house
- Wine tastings
- Relaxation treatments available
- Farm animals for children to visit / feed
- Local shops, cafes and restaurants walking distance (15 min)
- Bed linen and bath towels included
- Discounted laundry service (on request)
- Additional cleaning (on request)
- Central heating (metered, for an additional fee)
- Beach towels (for an additional fee)
- Only 30 minutes to beaches and golf courses
- Only 30 minutes to the capital city of Lisbon and the airport
- Cot + cot linen (please request)
- Bed guard (please request)
- Babysitting (please request)
- Highchair (please request)
- Changing mat
- Non-slip bath mat
- Socket guards available
- Children’s toys
- Hand blender
- Plastic plates, cups and cutlery
- Swings, sand pit, outdoor climbing frame, trampoline (no supervision) at main house
- Sleeps up to 10, plus babies in cot
High season €3.080 / week
Mid season €1.960 / week
Low season €1.260 / week