This enchanting house used to be the estate's riding stables
Set in a walled recently replanted lemon orchard, it has its own traditionally cobbled terrace and is separated from the Quinta by wrought-iron gates.
In the middle of the courtyard, there is a plane tree which provides cool shade even on hot days. The village can be reached via a separate driveway and gate. This little house was converted in 1995 and is comfortably and stylishly furnished. The large living/dining area is a great place to relax with four sets of doors and windows to front and rear, creating an attractive Mediterranean outdoors feel. A modern wood burning stove is set in a stone fireplace and the beautiful wooden ‘coffin’ ceilings give the room character and interesting focal points.
There is satellite TV, DVD/VCR, and CD player for evening entertainment. The kitchen is well-equipped with all mod-cons, including microwave, dishwasher, electric ceramic glass hob, oven, fridge-freezer, coffee-maker and kettle; the marble worktops add a touch of luxury. The washing-machine is housed at the rear of the building.
There are three bedrooms in this house. The two doubles both have space for a cot and wardrobes for storage. The rear bedroom boasts a king-size bed and a window to the garden, whereas the front bedroom has an antique wicker double bedstead and patio doors opening to the front courtyard. The third bedroom is a smaller room often used by children or teenagers and has bunk beds plus space for a cot or an extra bed.
The entire house has a pleasant, traditional style, with Portuguese terracotta and hand painted tiled floors; there’s a freestanding bathtub with 'telephone' hand shower and marble/wood surround sink. A second WC / shower room has marble walls and a walk-in shower. There’s central heating throughout.
- Beautiful historic estate to explore, with working vineyard
- Enclosed shared swimming pool and garden at main estate area (6m x 10m, 0.8m – 2m deep)
- Enclosed private courtyard and rear garden
- Private parking
- Farm animals for children to visit / feed
- Terrace furniture
- Accommodation all on ground floor
- Wireless internet access in the house
- TV (LCD) with international channels, DVD player, Hifi
- Wine tasting (free)
- From four adults: pre-cooked meals or gourmet pic nics (only on request)
- Professional massage and relaxation treatments available
- Bed linen and bathtowels included
- Beach towels (for an additional fee)
- Discounted laundry service (on request)
- Additional cleaning (on request)
- Central heating (for an additional fee)
- Local shops, cafes and restaurants in walking distance
- Only 30 minutes to beaches and golf courses
- Only 30 minutes to the capital city of Lisbon and the airport
- This house is very child-friendly
- Cot + cot linen free of charge (please request)
- Bed guard (please request)
- Babysitting (please request)
- Highchair (please request)
- Changing mat
- Non-slip bath mat
- Socket guards available
- Children’s toys
- Hand blender
- Plastic plates, cups and cutlery
- Swings, sand pit, outdoor climbing frame, trampoline (no supervision) at main house
- Sleeps up to 7, plus babies in cot